Pitaya Earth Day
Here are a few things you can do everyday to make a big impact. Because just like your heart, mother earth works all day and all night... so let's take care of her:)
- Recycle: Believe it or not, many people mess this up. You don't have to raise your hand and plead guilty, just try a little harder to pick the correct bin next time you throw something out.
- Walk: Throw those car keys away and get out. Plan ahead and expand those lungs. You'll look better in the long run and save mother earth from carbon emissions.
- Trash: Pick up one piece of trash and throw it out (in the correct bin of course). If everyone did that a day, think of the money we'd save because street cleaning wouldn't be included in our taxes:)
- Tote Bags: This does require a minor purchase ($3). This little bag will save you from using over 250 plastic bags a year, as well as save hundreds of trees being destroyed for paper bags.
- Shorter Shower: Nothing feels better sometimes like a long deserved shower, but every minutes the water runs is roughly 5 gallons of fresh water gone. Try to cut your time down:)
- Junk Paper Mail: The average person receives 40 pounds of junk mail a year wasting countless trees. Signup for services to help reduce the junk mail you receive.
- Unplug: See that blender you just used to make your Pitaya smoothie or bowl with, yea unplug that. You should also unplug any household devices that aren't regularly used to save an average of 10% of energy usage a year:)
Leave a comment
Also in Blog
2019 is the year to turn your kitchen pink! Not painting the walls pink, but blending and creating delicious pink recipes that will keep your...
We went through all of our favorite cocktail recipes and put them in one place. Not to mention a bonus recipe...